Propose Amendment to Article II Section C
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please click the Edit link above, between Read and View History, and make your proposed amendments to the text. If you do not see the Edit link, please login and try again.
Article II - Individual Liberties, Rights, and Obligations
- Section C: Positive Social and Economic Rights: The Scottish Government shall be constitutionally bound to progressively assure for all, regardless of income, that:
- § 1. Every person has the right to have access to housing adequate to lead a dignified life.
- § 2. Every person shall have a revenue and pension adequate for their dignity and well-being during their lifetimes.
- § 3. Every person shall have sufficient state-funded physical and mental health care to lead a dignified life.
- § 4. Every person shall have access to a state-funded education which allows them to reach their potential.
- § 5. Every person from the age of 12 shall be provided with a Scottish Citizen Card, using the most modern distributed ledger and secure identity technology available, whose functions shall include but not limited to the following:
- a. From the age of 16, voting in all elections and referenda
- b. Access to a personal Scottish Citizen bank account, into which all social benefits can be deposited, including retirement, Scottish NHS transactions, universal basic income, and any others established in the CSL.
- c. All personal and medical information included on each person's card account shall be strictly guarded according to the rigorous data protection law included in the CSL.
Justification for Amendment
- Tell us why you would like to make this amendment.