Propose Amendment to Article XI Section D
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please click the Edit link above, between Read and View History, and make your proposed amendments to the text. If you do not see the Edit link, please login and try again.
Article XI – Defence, Peace and Conflict Resolution and Foreign Relations
- Section D: Military Activity. Any deployment of Scottish Defence Forces, even if that deployment is to number just one single official, can only proceed after:
- § 1. a formal and public deployment decision by the Council of Ministers;
- § 2. a formal endorsement of that decision by the Scottish Parliament;
- § 3. a UN Security Council Resolution validating the deployment to which Scottish Defence Forces are to be committed.
- § 4. The requirements stipulated extend not just to Scottish Defence Force personnel but also to any Officers of the Scottish State (including police and prison officers) who might be sent to participate in training, assistance or development programmes in overseas conflict or post-conflict settings.
Justification for Amendment
- Tell us why you would like to make this amendment.