Propose Amendment to Article III Section B
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please click the Edit link above, between Read and View History, and make your proposed amendments to the text. If you do not see the Edit link, please login and try again.
Article III – The Corpus of Scottish Law
- Section B: Structure of the Corpus of Scottish Law
- § 1. The Corpus of Scottish Law shall be in the form of a single unified online document which shall be the authoritative source of law and regulation for Scotland.
- § 2. The CSL shall be divided into spheres of law and further subdivided into domaines, and additional spheres can be developed through the constitutional and legal system.
- § 3. The structure of the spheres shall include the following:
- Antecedents to the sphere of law
- The object, purpose, and aims of the sphere of law
- The rights of citizens and legal residents (identical) in the sphere of law, which shall have constitutional status to amend
- The administration competent to apply the sphere of law, its structure, and its laws of operation
- The applicable law regulating the sphere, subdivision into domaines, and the methods of application
- Mechanisms enabling appeal and remedies on valid grounds.
- Mechanisms to adapt the law to maintain fitness for purpose.
- § 4. The Bills of Rights contained within the Spheres of the CSL shall be amended in the same manner as the constitution.
- § 5. The CSL shall complement and be bound by this Constitution, European Union Law, mechanisms for citizen participation, and international treaties and conventions to which Scotland is signatory.
Justification for Amendment
- Tell us why you would like to make this amendment.