Propose Amendment to Strand 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please click the Edit link above, between Read and View History, and make your proposed amendments to the text. If you do not see the Edit link, please login and try again.
Strand 2: Development of the Constitutional Framework
- Seeking the broadest possible citizen input.
- Hold open live-streamed conferences to refine the Constitution and the Corpus of Scottish Law.
- Seek evaluation and constructive critique by the Venice Commission, implementing relevant recommendations.
Corpus of Scottish Law
- Draft and adapt the Constitution to the Corpus of Scottish Law.
- Annulment of all UK law passed over the centuries which is contrary to the developing Constitution of the Scottish State.
- Commissions formed for each of the Spheres of the CSL to redevelop and simplify the law within the proscribed framework.
- Adaptation of the CSL to the constitution.
- Retention of constitutional and/or relevant UK law, then adaptation to the categories specified in the Corpus of Scottish Law.
Departments & Institutions of State
- Develop procedural due process
- Specify jurisdiction of courts
- Adaptation of existing courts to the Constitution of the Scottish State
- Creation of new courts and jurisdictions
- Territorial organization of the judiciary.